While the National Archives at Kew is closed to visitors during the Covid-19 pandemic, it is making some digitised records available via its website free of charge during the period of closure. Normally the charge is £3.50 per record.
Registered users will be able to order and download up to ten items at a time, to a maximum of 50 items over 30 days.
You will be able to download records digitised by the National Archives via its online catalogue. These include:
- First and Second World War records, including medal index cards
- Military records, including unit war diaries
- Royal and Merchant Navy records, including Royal Marine service records
- Wills from the jurisdiction of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury
- Migration records, including aliens’ registration cards and naturalisation case papers
- 20th century Cabinet Papers and Security Service files
- Domesday Book