David Arscott: The History of Lewes Old Grammar School
David has been commissioned to write a history of the oldest school in Lewes, to mark the passage of 500 years since its foundation in 1512. He has traced back to its origins to the original endowment as a charitable foundation to be run under the auspices of Lewes Priory.
Venue: The new King’s Church building on Brooks Road, Lewes. (Between Tesco car park and Homebase)
See the Meetings page for a list of forthcoming monthly talks organised by the Lewes History Group.