A Church and its Community
St John sub Castro Church and Lewes History Group have joined together to mount an exhibition.
The displays feature historical prints, photos and information on:
- St John sub Castro, past, present and future
- LHG’s Lewes Street Stories research on Sun Street, St John Street, Toronto Terrace, Church Row and Pelham Terrace
- The history of the Pells School
- Soldiers from the parish who are on Lewes’ WW1 & WW2 memorial
- Insight into how the Finns prisoners came to Lewes
The church will be open on the Saturdays 19 and 26 September, 10am – 5pm for this exhibition, first shown as part of the Heritage Open Days on 12 September 2015.
Free entry. Refreshments available.
Lewes History Group Street Stories exhibition at St John sub Castro Church
Photo © Neil Merchant